I am pleased to present this blog post on our gold on polytetrafluoroethylene (Au on PTFE) disposable working electrodes for ion chromatography instruments that have been evaluated in a variety of carbohydrate applications. These electrodes are easy to install, do not need to be polished, and, as described in the following technical note, provide a consistent performance for four weeks with <15% loss in response for carbohydrate applications.
Technical Note 110, Carbohydrate Determination by HPAE-PAD with Disposable Au on PTFE Working Electrodes, (downloadable PDF) describes the evaluation the electrodes in the analysis of the following HPAE-PAD carbohydrate applications to determine lifetime, background, and noise characteristics:
Like what you are learning?
- Hydroxymethylfurfural (detailed method development: AN 270, Hydroxymethylfurfural in Honey and Biomass, [downloadable PDF])
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics (detailed method development: AN 267,Analysis of the Aminoglycoside Antibiotics Kanamycin and Amikacin Matches USP Requirements [downloadable PDF])
- Carbohydrates in coffee (detailed method development: AN 280, Carbohydrate in Coffee: AOAC Method 995.13 vs a New Fast Ion Chromatography Method [downloadable PDF])
- Carbohydrates in biofuel feedstocks (detailed method development: AN 282, Rapid and Sensitive Determination of Biofuel Sugars by Ion Chromatography [downloadable PDF])
- Oligosaccharides in proteins (detailed method development: AU 176, Preparation of Peptide N-Glycosidase F Digests for HPAE-PAD Analysis [downloadable PDF])
- Sialic acids (detailed method development: AU 180, Direct Determination of Sialic Acids in Glycoprotein Hydrolyzates by HPAE-PAD [downloadable PDF])
Don’t forget to add your questions in the Comments box below. Our experts will be pleased to respond to your questions!