This year at ASMS 2017, life science researchers are gaining greater insights from their metabolomic and proteomic data and improving their productivity by using the new software and cloud-based solutions that were introduced at the show.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has committed to the continuous development of complete and dynamic workflow solutions to further metabolomics and proteomics research. Now with our comprehensive solutions, our users are able to accelerate the pace of their research and achieve meaningful discoveries faster than ever before.
New software releases include:
Like what you are learning?
- The new Thermo Scientific Compound Discoverer 2.1 software, which supports metabolomics research insight into the biochemical phenotype of organisms. It is designed to fully utilize high-fidelity Orbitrap data for the accurate identification of compounds in the most complex matrices.
- Thermo Scientific Proteome Discover 2.2 software, which is designed for a range of proteomics workflows and supports multiple database search algorithms and advanced acquisition methods provided by Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
- Thermo Scientific ProSightPC 4.0 software, which is ideal for researchers performing top-down and middle-down proteomics experiments. It is the recommended solution to effectively support high-mass-accuracy MS/MS experiments, enabling fast and accurate protein characterization.
- The new Thermo Scientific Xcalibur 4.1 software, an easy-to-use, flexible and efficient solution that enables simple method setup, data acquisition, processing and reporting through an intuitive interface.
- The Thermo Scientific FreeStyle 1.3 software, which now features improved usability and offers elemental composition using MS/MS. It is a flexible data visualization solution for information rendering, rapid method development and data quality assessment.
And the new cloud-based software applications, for proteomics and genomics research and applied markets include scientific data analysis and storage, remote instrument access and collaboration tools designed to help scientists accelerate their research:
- The Sample Profiler application helps identify unknown compounds in high resolution accurate mass spectrometry sample data. It enables scientists to compare data against a database of representative compound profiles to determine trends and differences for a range of applications.
- The new Pathway Over-representation application helps proteomics researchers detect significant pathways within genes or proteins.
- The new Omics Comparator allows users to rapidly identify overlap and uniqueness when comparing protein or gene lists.
- Available as both a cloud and mobile app, the new MS Instrument Connect enables researchers to monitor their LC-MS and GC-MS analyses remotely. The app features an intuitive, at-a-glance dashboard display, detailed real-time instrument view, email notifications of sequence progress and error logs.