The first day of ASMS 2019 in Atlanta, GA was a success! We’re thrilled to unveil the new compact, benchtop mass spectrometer that unlocks the power of an advanced differential ion mobility interface option and internal standard-triggered methods to deliver high levels of performance in high-throughput laboratory environments. This innovative new technology is designed for advanced protein analysis, quantitative proteomics and small molecule applications for biopharmaceutical and translational research scientists.
The new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 480 mass spectrometer (MS) combines proven technology, advanced capabilities and intelligence-driven data acquisition strategies for rigorous, high-throughput protein identification, quantitation and structural characterization of biotherapeutics and translational biomarkers. The introduction of the Orbitrap Exploris 480 leads Thermo Fisher’s growing portfolio of new-generation MS solutions.
The system provides enhanced quantitative performance across label-free and tandem mass tag (TMT) experiments, as well as access to new Thermo Scientific SureQuant methods for ultra-sensitive targeted protein assays. This combination allows researchers to conduct rapid, multiplexed analysis of proteins within complex biological matrices. With a smaller footprint than previous generations, the new system maximizes laboratory bench space while maintaining high-resolution, mass accuracy and spectral quality. Additionally, the Orbitrap Exploris 480 MS has many new features to extend uptime and improve serviceability for researchers in high-throughput laboratory environments.
Like what you are learning?
- Significantly expand protein coverage through enhancements to instrument design and use of the Thermo Scientific FAIMS Pro interface to enhance precursor ion selectivity. Management of this interface is fully incorporated into control software for easy integration.
- The ability to analyze a wide range of compounds, from small molecules, to peptides and intact proteins and complexes, enabled by a wide mass range of 40 to 6,000 m/z (with the option to increase the range to 8,000 m/z by using BioPharma mode).
- Enhanced quantitative methods and results that improve results for label-free and Thermo Scientific TMT Isobaric Mass Tagging Kits for multiplexed MS2 differential peptide quantitation experiments.
- Rapid development and deployment of targeted assays for large proteins provided by the new Thermo Scientific SureQuant internal standard-triggered methods for ultra-sensitive targeted protein assays. SureQuant methods are available for the SureQuant AKT/mTOR Pathway Kit and the Biognosys PQ500 kit for the targeted quantitation of 500 plasma proteins.
- Unified hardware and instrument control software with the new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Tribrid mass spectrometers and Thermo Scientific Triple Quadrupole platform of mass spectrometers.
Check back tomorrow for more updates on the newest solutions from Thermo Fisher Scientific.