Science is great. It’s the common language that we all share at ASMS 2019. I’ve walked multiple miles throughout the convention centre, visiting posters, listening to talks, meeting with people who are eager to share their experiences and knowledge, as well as satisfy their quest for more knowledge!
Seeing people smile when they find an answer, a solution, something that is going to help them with their goals has been the highlight of the week for me. With both the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid mass spectrometer and the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 480 mass spectrometer, there’s been a lot of excitement – it could be the real-time library searching to increase throughput and accuracy for TMT experiments, or the questions around how the Orbitrap Exploris 480 manages to deliver such impressive performance in such a small space to name but a few!
However, hardware aside, there have been some amazing introductions and improvements for both instrument control, data acquisition and data processing. Making genius simpler means increased productivity, greater insights into data and streamlined software experiences across multiple platforms.
With pretty much every Thermo Scientific software being updated, it’s hard to know where to start really, but free is always good! Monitor your analyses, anywhere, anytime through a web-browser or your smart phone with the free Thermo Scientific Almanac Web-Based Application. Check on your analysis, view your system utilization, document what you need to with the instrument logbook and much more.
So, what else is there?
Actually, while I’m at it, you can always evaluate any Thermo Scientific software package for free, for 60 days; follow the links below to download your copy now!
Enhanced connectivity and characterization for small molecule identification:
- Using the World’s largest high-resolution mass spectral fragmentation library containing more than 17,000 compounds and nearly 5,000,000 high quality spectra, mzCloud aids confident small molecule identification. The integrated and updated combination of Thermo Scientific Compound Discover Software, Mass Frontier Software and mzCloud/mzVault libraries provides access to solutions that can identify unknown compounds (even when not present within the spectral library) using sub-structural information, and compare the unknown compounds to known compounds across multiple databases – whether connected to the cloud or offline.
Identify, interpret and quantify biopharmaceuticals and proteins in complex samples
- Being able to confirm peptide identifications, determine unspecified differences with more speed and confidence and easily visualize complex data is simplified with the latest updates to Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder Software. Enhanced data management and sharing capabilities combine with improved peak detection accuracy and post-translational modification quantitation, all with greater connectivity to Thermo Scientific Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) Software when compliant multi-attribute method (MAM) peptide mapping and intact mass analyses are required.
- For in-depth proteomic studies requiring the identification and quantification of proteins in complex samples, the latest updates to Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer software provide improvements for peptide identification, PTM analysis, results visualization, XlinkX cross-link analysis, and ProSightPD top down proteoform identification.
Effective data acquisition, interrogation and storage
- Thermo Scientific TraceFinder Software provides scientists with quicker and easier access to important information more quickly and with greater ease from their Thermo Scientific TSQ Quadrupole or Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometer series through faster data processing, increased updates to mzVault offline mass spectral library, a user-customizable interface and a new configuration that simplifies operation without loss in functionality.
- Compound libraries, methods, and results can now be acquired and stored anywhere on a local hard drive as well as to network locations, facilitating flexible, simple and secure data management. In addition, the latest Xcalibur software includes the NIST MSMS Spectral Libraries and MSMS Hybrid Search application – a powerful solution for identification of unknown small molecules and peptides
Supporting regulatory compliance from bioanalysis to biopharma and beyond
- Suitable for deployment from discovery through to quality control and lot-release, Thermo Scientific Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) software has extended its integration with mass spectrometry instrumentation by providing added support for small and large molecule analyses through enhanced performance with Thermo Scientific TSQ Quadrupole and high-resolution Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
- With added support for multiple MS workflows, and continuing our mission to keep up with evolving compliance regulations (for example GLP/GMP and 21 CFR part 11 regulations), this software enhancement enables faster data processing for compliant multi-attribute method (MAM) peptide mapping and intact mass analysis in combination with the Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder Software, and delivers support for compliant Bioanalysis workflows.
Now that ASMS is over for another year, we can rest the weary feet, take stock of what we’ve learned and look forward to another great year of science, innovation and discovery in the year ahead. Roll on ASMS 2020 in Texas!