Well, Pittcon 2018 has come to an end. What an amazing week! We’ve shared highlights along the way, but I would be amiss if I didn’t share with you the benefits of these two solutions that debuted at the show this week:
The new Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-6000 high pressure ion chromatography (HPIC) system is designed to deliver robust performance and enable timely identification of instrument performance issues, helping scientists implement corrective measures to facilitate uninterrupted operation and improve laboratory efficiencies.
The new Dionex ICS-6000 builds on the powerful industry-leading Dionex platform and includes an array of productivity-boosting features, including:
- Unity Remote Services software enables remote monitoring of instrument operation, facilitating early detection and diagnosis of issues. This is designed to minimize system downtime and sample and critical data loss. Additionally, laboratories may save on budget that would otherwise be spent on trial-and-error troubleshooting and unscheduled service visits.
- Thermo Scientific Consumables Device Monitor incorporates memory tags into each IC consumable and uses the Thermo Scientific Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) software to automatically monitor and record data, such as installation date, usage, decommissioning and performance metrics. The memory tag directly stores data for optimal accuracy regardless of the consumable being transferred and repositioned, while the monitor alerts operators when consumables are accidentally mismatched within a system. The monitor can track up to 16 key performance metrics on up to nine different consumables simultaneously. If a key metric begins to deteriorate, the system notifies the operator, who can perform preventive maintenance or replace the consumable thereby minimizing unexpected downtime.
- Thermo Scientific IC PEEK Viper Fittings offer finger-tight connections that seal at the tip, virtually eliminating dead volumes and other challenges often created by conventional fittings, such as reduced efficiencies and poor peak shapes.
- Intuitive Table Control for convenient, continuous system control and status monitoring.
More information on the Dionex ICS-6000 HPIC system can be found here: www.thermofisher.com/ICS6000.
With advanced functionality for sample management and data archiving across the laboratory, the new Thermo Scientific Chromeleon XTR Laboratory Management system (a personal favorite!) provides users with data software that surpasses traditional chromatography data systems (CDS) and is designed to facilitate global compliance with cFDA, USFDA, MHRA, EU and cGXP.
Like what you are learning?
Designed for 24/7 continuous uptime, the Chromeleon XTR organizes the user’s complete testing process, and can deliver fast and efficient sample testing. Features include:
- Exceptional data integrity, through automated version control of all data and user access, and training record controls helps ensure personnel performing analyses received customer-required training
- Automatically generated barcoded labels, to enable sample tracking throughout the lab
- Vendor-independent bi-directional instrument communication and complete control of analytical data with instrument calibration and maintenance monitoring promotes use of only in-service instruments
- eWorkflows aimed at mitigating errors in standard operating procedures
- SmartLink intelligent data visualization to support productivity
- Dynamic data updates designed to decrease user time required post-analysis
The Chromeleon XTR captures data from any analytical technique, not just chromatography. This innovative, single-software solution enables users to review a complete analysis for samples, along with relevant key performance indicators and other data, via robust spreadsheet-based reporting. The software uses secure, future-proofed centralized data archives to help ensure data integrity and compliance along with the ability to locate and retrieve data at any time. Additionally, data can be converted to a vendor-neutral format for long-term storage and viewing without the software.
More information on the Chromeleon XTR can be found at www.thermofisher.com/chromeleonXTR.
So that’s a wrap on Pittcon 2018. If you weren’t able to join us in person check out the blog posts and our social media channels for a VIP view of the week.