This week at ASMS 2018, scientists working in food and environmental laboratories are learning how they can now benefit from a fast, productive and robust mass spectrometer that meets increasing regulatory demands and associated analytical challenges of routine quantitation. Introduced this week, the Thermo Scientific TSQ Fortis Triple Quadrupole mass spectrometer is ideal for routine applications, blending speed with selectivity and sensitivity for confident quantitation of hundreds of compounds in any matrix by any user.
The new TSQ Fortis Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer features:
Like what you are learning?
- Active Ion Management Plus, which enables high precision for every molecule type in complex matrices
- Selected reaction monitoring capability with ion transmission efficiency, which is designed for simultaneous, reliable quantitation of all components in a complex matrix for high instrument throughput
- Novel ion optics design, which provides simple, tool-free maintenance
- Matrix Separator Ion Guide, for maximum robustness while minimizing ion loss
- Easy-to-use workflows, offering efficiency without compromising data quality from sample injection to report generation
- Intuitive drag-and-drop method editor software, for simple method development and operation through application-based templates
The TSQ Fortis Triple Quadrupole MS is part of a family of Thermo Scientific triple quadrupole mass spectrometers, which includes the Thermo Scientific TSQ Altis and TSQ Quantis Triple Quadrupole MS, both launched last year. The platform is built on a foundation of shared hardware and software components and can be paired with a range of high performance Thermo Scientific liquid chromatography systems, enabling customers to go from single-sample-based experiments to validation to routine high-volume screening and quantification. To learn more, visit www.thermofisher.com/Fortis.
Also introduced this week, the Thermo Scientific TriPlus AutoSampler and Liquid Handling System with Robotic Tool Change delivers greater productivity and efficiency for laboratories by reducing time-consuming steps and increasing sample throughput. The TriPlus AutoSampler offers the versatility of multistep workflows in a single, dependable and cost-effective solution. It can be fully customized to accommodate a wide range of sample processing needs in pharmaceutical, contract research, food safety, environmental, clinical research and forensics applications.