It’s autumn in North America, with thoughts of upcoming holidays stirring our emotions of long-standing traditions, reunions, and good cheer. This time of year also signals another long-standing tradition in the form of the Gulf Coast Conference (link to conference page) or GCC, a major petroleum, oil and gas meeting in the U.S. This year, for the first time, the GCC is being complemented on the other side of the Atlantic by the Petroleum, Refining, & Environmental Monitoring Technologies Conference (link to conference page) or PEFTEC, in Europe.
Gulf Coast Conference Events
On October 20-21, 2015, we’re participating at the GCC in Houston, Texas. GCC is an international conference and exhibition aimed at the advancement of knowledge of Chemical Analysis Technology for Petrochemical, Refining, and Environmental fields. We’ll be presenting our chromatography, sample preparation, mass spectrometry, molecular spectroscopy, and consumables (links to product pages) workflow solutions, featuring the following new products:
- GC and high resolution accurate mass (HRAM) (specifically the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS/MS)
- Natural Gas Analyzers
- ARL QUANT’ X Energy-Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (link to product page)
- iG50 FT-IR Spectrometer
In addition, we will be hosting two Technical Workshops under the theme of Innovative Technologies to Fuel Process Efficiencies, (link to workshops and technical sessions). The workshops are:
- Solving Real World Challenges in Spectroscopy and Material Characterization
- To learn about new capabilities/methods for GC, GCMS, IC, combustion IC, and elemental analyzers
- Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, and Trace Elemental Analysis
- To learn about new capabilities/methods for FT-IR, XRF, and electrochemistry instrumentation
If you are attending the GCC conference, be sure to register for these Technical Workshops and come by to see us at booth #506-507.
Coming up on November 18-19, 2015, we’re participating at the PEFTEC conference in Antwerp, Belgium. PEFTEC is an international conference and exhibition for anyone who works in the petroleum, refining and petrochemical industries. The conference program is focused on applications and innovations in technologies used for petroleum analysis, refining and environmental monitoring. At PEFTEC, we’ll be presenting our complete portfolio of routine and research instrument solutions from elemental analysers, chromatographs (link to GC resource page) and molecular spectrometers, to data processing software and LIMS (link to product page). Our product highlights will include:
Like what you are learning?
- The small, fast and easy-to-use gas chromatograph (Trace 1300 GC) and high-resolution accurate mass GC-MS/MS (Q Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS/MS)
- Our GC-IRMS, combining the Trace 1310 GC, GC IsoLink II preparation device and ConFlo IV interface with our powerful Delta V isotope ratio MS
- The new compact, economical and versatile iCAP 7000 Plus and powerful iCAP Q ICP-MS for trace element analysis
- Our Mercury Freedom System, for fully regulatory compliant unattended, continuous monitoring of elemental, ionic and total mercury and Sentinel PRO mass spectrometer for analysing volatile organic compounds in air
- The SOLA II on-line sulphur analyzer for total sulphur measurement in liquid or gas phase samples
We’re also running a one-hour breakfast seminar entitled ‘Powering Solutions for the Petrochemical Industry’ ahead of the main conference program on November 19th, at which we’ll take you on a high octane tour of our instrumental analysis solutions for the petrochemical industry. If you’re attending the conference and would like to register for our seminar, visit www.thermoscientific.com/peftec or come and see us at the PEFTEC exhibition, booth #6-7.
To learn more about the capabilities of our iCAP 7000 ICP-OES instrument for petrochemical analysis, read this interview with Matt Cassap, the iCAP 7000 Product Manager.
Check out our application notes on inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES).
Simon Nelms co-authored this post. Simon is a former ICP-OES and ICP-MS applications specialist who has been part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team for almost 20 years. Simon is now responsible for marketing AA, ICP-OES and ICP-MS products in Europe for the pharmaceutical, environmental, industrial, clinical and food markets.