The second day of ASMS 2019 in Atlanta, GA has come and gone, but the new technology is still as exciting as ever. Scientists in academic, government and biopharmaceutical laboratories faced with increasingly complex research challenges now have access to a digitally advanced Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Tribrid mass spectrometry (MS) platform that includes a new high-performance MS with inherent flexibility and built-in intelligence to enable critical insights and breakthroughs.
The new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid mass spectrometer features important advancements that improve system sensitivity over previous generations and expand its ability to characterize and quantify complex biomolecules and biological systems. These enhancements are ideal not only for native omics and translational research, but also for the structural and biopharmaceutical analysis of intact proteins and their complexes.
The real-time capabilities of the Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid mass spectrometer uses the latest, built-in intelligence-driven data acquisition strategies to enhance experimental efficiency and ultimately accelerate tandem mass tagging (TMT) for multiplexed quantitative analysis of proteomes. Peptide spectra are searched in real-time against a study-specific database. Those that match then proceed for further analysis, significantly increasing the speed of analysis and accuracy of results. In addition, the new system extends structural analysis up to m/z 8,000, which enables the isolation and selective dissociation of protein complexes into their individual components, as well as revealing further insights about their exact structure.
Users of the Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid mass spectrometer can benefit from:
Like what you are learning?
- Improved sensitivity and speed over previous generations, with real-time search functionality providing rapid and accurate TMT analysis.
- Ability to perform intact/top-down experiments and simplify spectra with Proton Transfer Charge Reduction to extract important structural insights.
- Powerful higher-order mass spectrometry (MSn) analysis of protein complexes and their component parts, thanks to novel high mass range functionality that expands instrument mass range to m/z 8,000.
- New Thermo Scientific SureQuant internal standard-triggered methods for ultra-sensitive targeted protein assays provides the ability to rapidly develop and deploy targeted assays for large protein panels. SureQuant methods are available for the Thermo Scientific SureQuant AKT/mTOR Pathway Kit and the Biognosys PQ500TM kit for the targeted quantitation of 500 plasma proteins.
- Significantly expanded protein coverage through advances in instrument design and use of the Thermo Scientific FAIMS Pro interface to enhance precursor ion selectivity. Management of this interface is fully incorporated into control software for easy integration.
- Unified hardware and instrument control software with the new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 480 mass spectrometer and Thermo Scientific Triple Quadrupole platform of mass spectrometers
The Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid mass spectrometer can be integrated into a laboratory’s routine workflows with the Thermo Scientific Almanac web-based application, which allows users to view instrument operation and data acquisition in real-time and receive notifications on the status of runs. Almanac offers scientists the ability to conveniently improve visibility to the utilization of their laboratory systems any time and from any location.
For those wondering how we name our products; we rely on our collaborative customers for their creativity.
Learn more at Thermofisher.com/orbitrap eclipse.