There are manyapplications that demonstrate the capability of Single Quadrupole and Triple Quadrupole GC-MS to analyze drugs of abuse. This set of application notes for GC-MS covers a broad range of drugs and their metabolites for sample preparation and analysis. The applications will demonstrate how to implement the complete methods in the laboratory.
The highlights of the applications are:
Like what you are learning?
- Sample preparation for many of the drugs of abuse. The separate files for cocaine, benzoylecgonine, andphencyclidinesample preparations can be downloaded here; cocaine, BE, PCP.
- List of consumables used in the application notes. These part numbers are in the application notes and can be downloaded here; Part Numbers
- The application note describing the analysis of THC in urine demonstrates the sensitivity of the Thermo Scientific ISQ single quadrupole GC/MS and, more importantly, how it is able to analyze more than 7000 urine samples without source cleaning.
- Other applications include the analysis of amphetamine and methamphetamine, PCP, BE and cocaine with major metabolites. These methods provide the low level analysis with wide dynamic range. The applications provide the ability to reproduce the analysis in your laboratory.
- The analysis of oral fluid is challenging due to the matrix left over after extractions and the low concentrations of the drugs that must be accurately quantified. See how the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS is able to meet the challenges of this matrix, making your analysts more effective and efficient.
- Steroids, though not considered drugs of abuse and when not taken according to medical reasons, are performance enhancers that provide unfair advantage. Their abused use can lead to serious health problems. See how the TSQ Quantum XLS is able to analyze these compounds reproducibly at low levels.