The 80-page Electrochemical Detection (ECD) bibliography (link to PDF below) presented in this blog post has long been on my list to write about and, for one reason or another, it kept getting pushed down on the queue of blog topics. And, today, I am pleased to present this resource to our blog readers.
In case you are new to this type of detection, ECD is the most sensitive and selective mode of HPLC detection for the measurement of oxidizable or reducible compounds. It delivers the high sensitivity needed for the measurement of neurotransmitters, the simplicity and robustness needed for pharmaceutical or clinical diagnostics, and the selectivity for characterization of complex samples such as natural products, biological tissues, and fluids.
The HPLC Electrochemical Detection Bibliography, (downloadable PDF), features research articles featuring the use of one of these sensitive HPLC electrochemical detectors:
Like what you are learning?
- Thermo Scientific Dionex Coulochem III Electrochemical Detector offers three operational modes and works with any LC system. The modes include electrochemical synthesis, carbohydrate analyses, and characterization of electrochemical behavior.
- Thermo Scientific Dionex UltiMate 3000 ECD-3000RS Electrochemical Detector for the lowest possible detection limits for oxidizable and reducible compounds.
- Thermo Scientific Dionex CoulArray Coulometric Array Detector is suited for the detection of multiple trace components in complex matrices even in the presence of coeluting molecules.
Research articles are included for the following applications: clinical research, environmental, food/nutrition/natural products, metabolomics, neuroscience, pharmaceutical, and oxidative applications. A selection of research articles using electrochemistry-mass spectrometry and other novel approaches is also included. Each article is listed with authors, the publication it appeared in, and the publication date; it is also hyperlinked so you can click the link to view the article abstract.
- Check out this webpage listing several downloadable application notes and poster notes using ECD.
- Do check out a small but growing library of ECD applications on this blog.
- Our recently released Chromatography Solution Online Center features many useful and complimentary chromatography tools which can help speed up your analysis. The site is updated on a monthly basis; therefore, do check out the Archives section to see what was previously featured.
Let us know if you have any questions on the detectors in the Comments box below. We look forward to hearing from you.